Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hibernation

So it has been nearly two months since I've posted. One reason is that my hard drive crashed, again, and I had to get a new one. It was under warranty though, so all it cost me was postage. And, for the past couple of weeks (or so?) I have not been running at all. It started with the snow.

In the past I have continued running in the snow, but this year I have been much more focused on my wellness in general, and not trying to continue to push myself regardless of the weather. This has a lot to do with my anemia. It took me a long time to start feeling better, then when I finally was, I stopped taking my iron supplement. It is really expensive, and I thought that if I was feeling better, I didn't need it anymore. But I was wrong.

I started feeling all the symptoms of anemia again recently and so started on the iron supplement again. I have barely felt like walking, much less running. Part of me misses running, and another part really doesn't care. Mostly I just want to sleep.

I think it is natural for people who live in cold climates to want to hibernate in the winter. It is dark, it is cold. We just want to eat and sleep and cuddle up under heavy blankets until the sun comes out again. I'm just going with it. Hopefully I will start feeling well again and will begin training, and do the "Snowjoke" 1/2 marathon in the end of February. For now, I'll put another log on the fire and wait.

No comments: