Saturday, September 18, 2010

Good news! I'm anemic!

Why, you may ask, is this GOOD news? Because it is a lot easier to deal with than some of the other things that could have been wrong with me. Anemia explains it all. And all I have to do is eat better (which I have been working on anyway) and take an iron supplement. Plus I still need to get more sleep.

I was also advised to cut back on my running mileage until I can get my iron levels back up to a normal level. Which is fine with me. It was so hard to run with all-over body fatigue, feeling like I was about to pass out. It is not surprising to me that I am anemic, since I don't eat red meat and I have already admitted to not eating nearly enough of the right things.

While reading Racing Weight, I've realized that by not eating enough, I have been actually sabotaging myself. I don't have enough energy, and lack of the right foods at the right times has caused my metabolism to slow down, making it even harder to reach my goals.

So I'm pretty excited. I like knowing what the problem is and what I can do about it - I like that there is something I can do about it. I am excited about the future, being stronger and healthier than ever.

No comments: