Wednesday, September 1, 2010

running with it

OK so I get back to Montana, and I'm really psyched to run in this fantastic place that I call home. The weather is great. But I go out for my first run and I'm totally lethargic and made of lead. Then I try it again in a couple of days and I am flying, light as air, feet barely touching the ground.

It is just amazing to me that, after all this time I've lived in this body, it is still unpredictable to me how I'm going to feel on a run. But I am so thankful for those moments that catch me by surprise and remind me why I keep on running, even if I have a bad day now and then. It's because the good days are SO GOOD, they make it all worthwhile. Kind of like parenting, and life in general.

I've been very non-committed to running lately, waiting until both the kids are in school before I make any kind of training plan or even bother to set any goals. And so far, I like it that way.

No comments: